contact info home page
NSEA
NSEA
Leadership
Leadership
Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness
My Calendar
My Calendar
Professional &Helpful links
Professional &Helpful links
APPR Related Materials
APPR Related Materials
Instructional / Assessment Literature
Instructional / Assessment Literature
Community- Get Involved
Community- Get Involved
Member Information
Member Information
FAQs
FAQs
Union Bug
Union Bug
New Teacher Info
New Teacher Info
NSEA On LIne Store
NSEA On LIne Store
Goods and Services Site
Goods and Services Site
Retirees' Corner
Retirees' Corner
NSEA  History
NSEA History
FAQs FAQs

               

 

Question:  If I am a probationary teacher and I get a pink slip from this district, what are my chances of being hired back?

Answer:  You will be on a preferred list for 7 years.  If a job opens up in your tenure area within this time period, the district must offer you the position first over other outside prospects.

Question: Can I use the Sick Bank if I am on an unpaid leave ( i.e. child rearing)?

Answer:  No

Question:  Is my seniority affected when I change tenure areas?

Answer:   When you change to a new tenure area you start accruing seniority in that new area.  You can go back to your old tenure area at your previous seniority level.  Do Not resign from a tenure area!!

Question:  Can I use a Once in a Lifetime Leave to extend a leave of absence.

Answer:  No, you can not!!

Question:  When can I request a personal or educational leave of absence?

Answer:  There are two dates you may apply for this type of leave.  You must give your request to the HR office  by November 15th if you want a spring leave, or May 1st if you are requesting a fall leave.  These requests are subject to the superintendents discretion.  However, if you should miss either of these dates, you might be able to request using a Once if a Lifetime Leave. 

Question : How do I apply for a sabbatical?

Answer:   Check the contract.

Question: How do I apply for 26 paychecks?

Answer: Contact the Business Office. ( Usually a form must be filled out and  turned in to the office by mid August.)

Question:  How long is my dependent child covered under my health insurance plans?

Answer:                                    Non Student       Student

Health Insurance benefits                     26                        26

                                               

 

Question:  How do I figure out my district seniority?

Answer:  Each building chair should have a seniority list.  Your seniority goes by  - 1st: your seniority date (which has been adjusted for any leaves) ; 2nd: your board appointment date;  3rd: the last name you were hired under.(alphbetical order)

Question:  I am covered under the district's family insurance plan.  When I retire, if I should die before my spouse, will he/she still be covered under my insurance plan?

Answer:  No

Question:   What happens if I am traveling and I need medical attention and the doctor or hospital is not in the BC/BS group?

Answer:  All insurance companies have a UCR (usual, customary and reasonable charge).  POMCO's out of area UCR rate is 85% of the medical bill. However, then POMCO only pays 80% of that UCR and the member is responsible for the other 20%.

Question:  When should a staff member have the right to have a Union Rep. with them during a parent/administration meeting?

Answer:  FERPA vs. Weingarten -  If a meeting is convened to discuss concerns about a student, a staff member probably does not need Union representation.  However, if the tone of the meeting changes from concilliatory to more of a teacher reprimand. the staff member has the right to end their part  of the meeting and may ask for a future meeting with a Union rep. present. 





WELCOME to the NSEA WEBSITE

SchoolWorld a Blackboard Solution
Teacher Websites © 2017 Blackboard